Very sorry that it has been so long since the last post, but we took a break for the holidays and have since then been working very hard behind the scenes.
We have contacted multiple trailer manufacturers that make tiny house trailers, but all have declined (one very impolitely, others a little more politely). I even took a detour and contemplated about and looked for fifth wheel RVs to remodel and transform into a tiny house instead of building a Tiny House from scratch. I almost went over to the Dark Side and bought one a couple of times too. The only problem with that is that it wouldn't be a Tiny House and wouldn't be as permanent.
But then, my Mom came up with a BRILLIANT idea! :) She presented me with the idea of trying to find a mobile office (construction trailer) building company to maybe sponsor me a basic shell, so that I could customize the inside of it, i.e. start with a blank slate. So, I contacted a company based here on the West Coast (possibly to be named at a later date). After about two weeks, I was able to actually speak to the person who could handle this type of request. She's a very nice lady who liked my project concept and my culinary goals for the future. We affectionately refer to her as Aunt now. She has even started looking around for a structure and has brought up my request for the owners to think about. My Mom and I are positively optimistic that they will say yes. The only real downer are that it might take a couple of weeks to find the right structure that benefits both my needs as well as being a used unit (asset) that they are willing to part with, and that I might not be able to have a traditional Tiny House loft. :( So, I made a new design that I call the Best Loft-less Tiny House Ever!
![]() |
| Best Loft-less Tiny House Ever! |
Pretty neat, huh? Mom and I LOVE it! I am thinking about doing all electric appliances and getting solar panels to supply the electricity. I am also contemplating making the decision to go extreme and get a composting toilet, so that I don't have to connect to a septic system. Of course, I'll have to get the toilet donated, because composting toilets are rather expensive. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I bought the very first item for my Tiny House. It's not the first thing that comes to mind when you're thinking about something for a Tiny House, but kinda have to see, right? I bought a brand new bathroom light fixture for $5 at the Habitat For Humanity Resale store in Palm Desert. Then I bought bubble glass covers on Clearance for it at Lowes. I think that it will go perfectly in my Tiny bathroom!
Cool, right? I have also been doing massive research on every house building material available. Mom and I went to the Desert Living Home Show in Palm Springs last Friday and did a whole lot of learning about doors and windows, cabinets, counter tops, and solar power. It was kinda cool. Anyway, more updates later! Bye, guys!
Miss Molly Smith


No comments:
Post a Comment